Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wow. What an incredible week I have had so far.

Going out on a whim. Being adventurous (which is a trait I did not think was in me until just this year) I bought a ticket to Colorado about a month ago for my spring break. The reasoning for this was simple at first-I wanted to get away (across the country away) and I wanted to see family I hadn't seen in a good five years. Everything has been more than I expected. I purposefully tried not to have any expectations coming in because I've learned disappointment usually results when I do! BUT I came out to my home state and disappointment is something far from my mind. It all started with a four hour plane ride all by my lonesome for the first time. All alone. Which was absolutely fantastic.

Car rides. Car rides are usually a time where most people (like myself) can think things out and have some "me" time. But plane rides. Wooowee that is totally different. What a time to think. It is so therapeutic being that high in the sky with nothing but the sound of jet engines and the sight of puffy white clouds right next to you-almost like you can touch them. I discovered how much I do love traveling, you discover so much not only about the people you meet along the way, but mostly yourself! You're constantly out of your comfort zone. Not knowing anyone and not knowing the places you'll be going to. I've found that I love that feeling!

BIG news. I will be turning 19 tomorrow!! WOAH time flies. Always have to enjoy and soak in every minute of every day is a thought that keeps coming into my head these last few days. I've come to see that that is so important.

| Much love |

No comments:

Post a Comment